Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Year- New Life



I've been travelling and doing some serious thinking about this new year.  The prophesies we're receiving are filled with words regarding government, global turmoil, but also God's outpouring of blessings.  I tell you, I'm expecting great things of God.  I look forward into 2010 and I see His people take hold of Who Jesus Is more fervently than ever.  I keep having visions and dreams of us, you and me-- the family of God, and we're climbing ladders, reaching heights, moving up, up, up.  It's beautiful.  My calling in this life is to minister the love and glory of God through learning the victorious, overcoming Christian life-- and I see us doing just that-- overcoming, standing strong.  I have always taught my children, to be brave and do hard things, and I can only praise the Lord for the hard things in life because He also gives us the gift of courage.  Moses was trained as a shepherd in the desert before he could lead his people to the Promised Land across the desert--  Joseph was trained in Potiphar's house and in prison before he could be 2nd in command in Egypt and rescue his people from extinction-- and you and I?  We're in training, too.  No matter where we stand spiritually at the  birth of this new year, we are called to burst forth and move higher.  The year is new, and so is our life.  This year, let's be more courageous than we've ever been.

3 comments:

  1. ...This past week Joseph has been on my heart and mind. Everywhere I look there seems to be something about Joseph. As I have contemplated the journey of Joseph, I see his 13 years in Egypt as a period of gestation. God's purpose for Joseph was planted/conceived and over those years it multiplied and divided just as cells do during pregnancy. At the end of those 13 years he was birthed into his purpose. Praise God for the gestaion period I have been going through... I must add that "Spirit School" has played a major roll in my training/gestation period. I stand in complete agreement with you Marie, this is going to be a breakthrough, birthing into year for many. It is always such comfort as well as wonderful confirmation when you post or send a prophetic word, it always aligns with what He is speaking to my heart, but most importantly it always aligns with His word.
    May we all stand strong and overcome as we are birthed into the higher things of God together this year...Much love to all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part in the story of Joseph is Genesis 50:20 "But as for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good." This passage has given me much comfort and has been a wonderful focus point to share with others. God is so wonderful to redeem the time I thought was wasted by reminding me that that it was "training time" in His merciful economy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie
    Just visiting your blog and I will put you on my sidebar. As always your writings are so beautiful. I so enjoyed reading them.
    Blessings to you my dear friend

    ReplyDelete