Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Great Shaking

We had an earthquake here last night and it's the talk of the day today.  People get understandably quite shook up (little pun there) when earthquakes strike.  There was no serious damage done and no injuries reported, but an earthquake is a scary thing.  I've been in tornadoes, floods and storms at sea-- and now earthquakes.  We're always hearing about the Big One coming.  We receive regular warnings and advice on what to do when the Big One hits. 
Once I was in a flash flood in the mountains and I had to out-run it which was a pretty amazing contest.  Another time I was snorkeling in the Mediterranean Sea when a huge storm hit.  I had to outswim it to an underwater cave where I huddled and paddled until rescued.  But you can't outrun or outswim or outmaneuver an earthquake.  When the earth jolts and jerks beneath you, all you can do is run for cover.  And pray. 
But here's the thing:  we can't wait for the storm to hit before we pray.  Prayer warriors have been praying and interceding about the Big One for years.  I believe the oil spill in our Gulf will be contained not only because of the prayers going up now, but because those waters have been prayed over and blessed by believers for years.  God is faithful, and we must declare Psalms 91 over our homes, our land, our waters, and our air.  We need to release blessing and the glory of God into the atmosphere.  And we need to do it now!  Are you feeling the same urgency as I am? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie
    Believe it or not we had an earthquake here in IL a several of months ago. We are near the center so we felt it. Nothing damaged, it woke us up with a loud crash and then the rumble. Now I have never experienced one before but it was the first thing I thought of but I looked outside and there was a snowstorm going on so I (in my midwest thought process) thought "oh it couldn't be it is snowing outside"! So I went back to sleep.
    Wishing you many blessings this weekend
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heavens! The earth is burping left and right!
    Many blessings back, dear girl! Love, Marie

    ReplyDelete